Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Positive Employee Interaction

I find that interacting with employees is something I take quite personally. I really enjoy talking to those working for MEDP and getting to know them is a major step in lowering turnover and improving productivity as people will begin to feel a larger connection and greater sense of importance with the organization.

The only area to avoid, however, is the realm across professionalism. If your employees feel that you may be too friendly they might feel that they can slacken or may even lose respect for you. I don't think this has happened to me as I generally keep a professional environment at all times, but that doesn't mean I can't be nice. It's about politeness, but with an edge of authority just noticeable with each word. Couple those with the time you've spent getting to know your employees, dialogue opens up. Employees may become more willing to approach you about their ideas of how to improve areas you and your lower executives may have missed and such things can make or break a business. Letting your employees know this and encouraging them is a positive step as well.

- Jean-Paul

No comments: